Daisy’s Beauty Jewels is reader-supported. When you buy products through Amazon links in my blog I may earn a small affiliate commission
This website participates in the Amazon affiliate program; as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re a beginner at making bath and body products and you’ve been thinking about making sugar scrubs then give this recipe a try. These little cubes are easy to make but they’re just gorgeous for the skin. They cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize and they look so freaking cute (forgive me my poor photography skills).
I am going to give you my basic fail-proof recipe but you can play around with it changing a carrier oil, butter, colorant, exfoliant, and even the basic ratio of foaming bath whip to melt and pour soap base. For a harder sugar scrub cube, you need to increase the % of melt and pour soap base or substitute some of the carrier oil for a hard butter like cocoa butter, shea butter, or mango butter.
You will need
- Foaming Bath Whip (you can buy it or make it yourself, recipe)
UK – https://amzn.to/3mQ4bxx
Germany – https://www.kerzen-und-seife.de/seifengiessen/glycerinseife/917/foaming-bath-butter-rohseife-opc-1kg-im-schmelzbehaelter
Canada – https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca/products/cosmetic-bases/foaming-bath-butter-paraben-free.html
More Suppliers – here
- Melt and Pour Soap Base (clear or white)
- Shea Butter (you can use mango butter)
- Aprikot Kernel Oil (you can use a different oil instead)
- Fragrance oil (I used Strawberry Daiquiri FO)
- Sugar (granulated)
- Poppy seeds (you can use jojoba beads instead)
RECIPE (500g batch)
130g Melt and Pour Soap Base ( I used Goatmilk Melt and Pour Soap Base)
65g Foaming Bath Butter (aka Foaming Bath Whip)
12.5 Shea Butter
12.5 Apricot Kernel oil
10g fragrance oil
10g Poppy Seeds
1 mini scoop of skin-safe red or pink mica (a smidge using measuring spoons on the picture down below)
- Weigh your melt and pour soap base, shea butter, and carrier oil into a heat resistant container. If you are going to use a microwave to melt your ingredients then make sure your container is microwave safe.
2. Melt your ingredients in a water bath until they’re melted through. If you’re going to use the microwave method then melt your soap and butter in short bursts 15-20 seconds stirring in between sessions. In the meanwhile, weigh your exfoliants, add your colorant.
3. Once your ingredients are melted add foaming whip base and stir until it melts.
4. Slowly add your exfoliants and stir to combine. Add the fragrance oil and start pouring the scrub mixture into your molds. It’s going got get very thick very quickly so you have to move fast. If you find that it gets too thick pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds.
5. Let your scrub cubes cool down for about 1-2 hours, then take them out of the molds and cut them into 4 sugar scrub cubes. Coat your scrub cubes in sugar and package! Enjoy!
How to Make Luxurious Bath Truffles. Two Recipes
How to Formulate Foaming Sugar Scrubs. Free Recipe Included
Using Airtable to Track Your Supplies and Sales. My Organizing SystemUsing Spreadsheets to Calculate Your Recipes
Where to Buy Supplies Worldwide
Bath Bomb Ingredients: Functions and Usage Rates