If you’re following me on Instagram then you have already seen this lip dessert in my stories and if not, then it won’t take long until you do.
The recipe is pretty simple, the making process takes about 20 minutes but you’ll be blown away by how gorgeous this product looks like and how perfect it is for chapped and dry lips.
I included lanolin in my formula because this ingredient is deeply moisturizing, nourishing, and soothing. If you don’t have it or you prefer not to use it you can substitute it for some oil or butter, however, the consistency is going to be different from mine.
I used Lanolin in the lip butter formula and I was quite impressed.
|14%||18||Fractionated Coconut Oil|
- Weigh your oils, butter, and lanolin in a heat-proof measuring glass or a beaker and place it in a water bath to melt through.
2. In the meanwhile, weigh your sugar and cocoa powder.
3. Once your oils and butter are melted through let the mixture cool down for 5 minutes and then start adding your exfoliants to your oil phase.
4. Let your lip scrub cool down for about 30 minutes before packaging.
If you are interested in more lip scrubs then check this post on bright festive lip polishes.
I also offer a free downloadable spreadsheet with my Chocolate Lip Scrub Formula which you can use to scale up this recipe.
Here’s a detailed post on how to use spreadsheets to calculate your recipes.
Let me know what you think about this recipe? What would change?
The fun part about formulating and making your skincare products is to enjoy the consciousness about everything that went into your formulations and examine how making small changes makes a huge difference in the final outcome. That is why, in my opinion, it’s crucial not only to understand how to read and use a formula… Continue reading Making Emulsified Body Butters With Different Emulsifiers
I often get asked about substituting emulsifying wax in certain products. While in many ways changing an emulsifying system can have a great impact on the final consistency of a lotion or cream, I found that in anhydrous formulations (body butter, body balm, emulsified sugar scrub) they mostly change the way the product slips on… Continue reading HOW TO MAKE EMULSIFIED SUGAR SCRUBS. THREE SCRUBS – THREE EMULSIFIERS
I’ve made quite a few cleansing products over the years, such as cleansing balms, cleansing sticks, cream cleansers, gel cleansers, cleansing oils, etc. However, the area of micellar water stayed undiscovered by me until I stumbled upon a video by The Institute of Personal Care Science where their creator showed how to make micellar water.… Continue reading Easy Micellar Water Formula: Three Ways
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- March 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- February 2018
- January 2018
- Making Emulsified Body Butters With Different Emulsifiers
- HOW TO MAKE EMULSIFIED SUGAR SCRUBS. THREE SCRUBS – THREE EMULSIFIERS
- Easy Micellar Water Formula: Three Ways
- Making Herbal and Flower-Infused Oils
- Himalayan Salt Whipped Body Scrub