I’ve already posted a recipe for coffee and sugar scrub on my blog a couple of weeks ago. Today I’ve decided to share another recipe for a sugar scrub, but this time we’re going to make scrub cubes which are so easy to make and even easier to use. They’re really handy, you can put them in a nice little jar in your bathroom and use when you take a shower or take a bath. Sugar and Coffee Scrub cubes also make great gifts for your family and friends. You can also omit the coffee and make sugar scrub cubes if you want.
Here’s the recipe.
- 70 gr Melt and Pour Soap Base (8 ounces)
- 6 tbsp carrier oil (almond oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil etc. I used Sea Buckthorn Oil because it has a really nice orange natural color)
- 1 tbsp fragrance oil or 1 tsp essential oil
- 300 gr sugar
- 50 gr coffee
- a few drops of coloring (optional)
- 1 tbsp dried calendula petals (optional)
- Melt your soap base in a microwave in 30-second bursts or in a double boiler.
- Mix your dry ingredients.
- Mix your oils and essential oils, food coloring, and stir.
- Add your oil mixture to the melt and pour soap base.
- Add your sugar and coffee (dried flowers if you use them) and mix very fast because your mixture is going to harden really quick. If you see that it got too thick before you could pour it into your mold then microwave it for another 10-15 seconds until you can easily work with it.
- Pour your mixture into a mold and even it out with a spatula and let it cool down.
- Now cut your scrub into cubes and store them in an airtight container or jar.