This DIY bath bomb recipe is easy but still has nice skin loving benefits for your skin.
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
2 tbsp cornstrach
1 tsp slsa
1 tbsp buttermilk powder or milk powder
1tsp kaolin clay
some mica or your favorite coloring
1 tbsp apricot kernel oil
1 tsp fragrance oil or 12 drops essential oil
calendula petals for decoration
a binder in a spray bottle (water/rubbing alcohol/witch hazel).
Use what is best for your climate.
If you want to get a really smooth and even bath bomb texture then you should grind your citric acid and sift your dry ingredients.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Do not forget to sift them.
- Add your oils an mix everything really well. Break all the clumps with a whisk or use your hands.
- Now it’s time to make the texture test. Squeeze some mixture in the palms of your hand and look if it holds together. The mixture should feel dry but stick together when pressed.
- If your mixture is still not wet enough then use some binder. Be careful and add a little bit at a time to prevent a premature fizzing reaction.
- Mold your bath bombs and let them dry for 24 hours before packing them.
In case you have some issues then check out this post to troubleshoot your bath fizzies.