I think many women and even young girls face the cellulite problems even if they eat healthily and do some sports. You can find thousands of products on the beauty market with promising titles and description but they hardly work and cost some money.
Another “enemy” of a woman’s body is stretch marks. I hate them so much! The thing is woman usually get them during pregnancy and labor but I have them since I was 14 and I was never overweighted.
Over the years I have tried so many products and nothing really worked. Then was a time of a hunt for natural and effective remedies where I discovered how essential oil and coffee scrubs can help reduce the appearance of both the cellulite and stretch marks. I tried out a couple of DIY coffee and sugar scrub recipes and came out with my own which I really like because I saw it in action.
Today I’m going to share this recipe with you! This homemade coffee scrub has many benefits for your skin. Massaging this scrub into your skin will improve blood circulation and tighten the skin. The key to success is to be patient because it may take up to 2-3 months to see a drastic change in your skin condition.
- 1 cup coffee grounds
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp bitter almond oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa or shea butter (melted)
- 1 melted lemongrass and melissa ice cube (optional)
- 5 drops orange essential oil
- 5 drops cinnamon essential oil
You can also use the following essential oils instead:
They are all proven to reduce cellulite and stretch marks appearance. I chose orange and cinnamon essential oils because I am in love with this spicy smell which I discovered when I made my dried orange slices.
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add oils and essential oils and mix well.
- Add melted lemongrass and melissa ice cube and stir the mixture one more time.
- Store this DIY scrub for cellulite and stretch marks reduction in a clean glass jar.
- Use it 1 time per week applying on the parts of the skin which are more prone to cellulite and stretch marks to prevent these problems.
- Use it 2-3 times per week if you already have the appearance of cellulitis or stretchmarks or both.