I think everyone knows how popular dried orange slices decorations are around this time of the year. They look beautiful and smell like a piece of a warm summer. But what I like the most about dried orange slices is that they are really easy to make. These fruit slices are great for different DIY projects. I personally use them for bath bombs, sugar scrubs, handmade soap, scrub bars and other bath and body products. DIY dried orange slices are also perfect for potpourri and kids craft projects.
There are many ways to dry orange slices. I tend to dry orange slices in the oven because it does not take much time and then your kitchen smells like an orange garden. The classical way of drying oranges does not include any other ingredients except orange slices themselves. But I have decided to spice them up a little bit and make Mulled Vine Dried Orange Slices. And I have to be honest they have turned out great!
Here is a step by step tutorial with many pictures.
- 2-3 oranges
- 1 pack Mulled Wine Spice Mix
- The first thing you have to do is to slice your oranges 1-2 cm thick.
- Put cut orange slices on a kitchen towel and cover them with another one to absorb the orange juice. Wait 15-20 minutes until you see wet spots on the towel.
Put the oranges on a baking tray. Now stick the spices into the skin and flesh of the oranges. You can also sprinkle orange slices with the spice mix.
4. Place the tray in a preheated to 100 degrees and bake the slices 2-3 hours. Flip them from time to time to avoid sticking and burning.
5. Store DIY orange slices in a glass jar or paper bag.
I hope you liked this DIY tutorial and enjoyed this crafting process. Let it inspire you for new amazing projects!