We all know that the best products for our skin and body are the natural ones. That is why we all try to buy beauty and wellness products which are as natural as possible. Some of us, like me for example, go even further and make most of them ourselves. Well, it is not that difficult and it is definitely healthier and cheaper. In addition, DIY skin products are a good hobby and even a way to make a small business out of it or write a book about your passion and help other people to get inspired by new ideas. That is what I did when I wrote my first book
The Simple Guide to Making Bath Bombs.: Simple Homemade Organic Recipes for Radiant and Healthy-Looking Skin, Relaxing, Soothing, Rejuvenating, Stress Reduction
That is why I decided to make a series of DIY tutorials about natural remedies. In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to make herbal ice cubes which you can use for your morning routine or as a herbal bath melt. To be honest, I use them in both ways. In the morning applying one of those cold cute herbal cubes on my face wakes me up more than a cup of coffee and morning shower put together:). They also make a nice addition to your hot bathtub since they all have many amazing skin benefits.
I prepared three herbal ice cube recipes for you. You can choose the one you like or need the most or make all of them at once which definitely is a timesaving strategy. b
# 1 CHAMERION (FIREWEED) ICE CUBES
Fireweed is known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Moreover, last researches show that this herb can help in treating acne.
# 2 WILD BERRY MIX ICE CUBES
Berries help to tighten up pores and to absorb antioxidants. They give your skin that rejuvenated fresh look.
# 3 LEMONGRASS AND MELISSA ICE CUBES
Lemongrass is a good antiseptic and a wonderful cleanser. It also helps to fight against cellulitis and skin inflammation. Melissa is known to cure acne, minor wounds, eczema. This herb is a strong antioxidant as well so it definitely boosts up our skin care.
Now you know the benefits of these herbs and choosing what you need is going to be easier.
- 2 tbsp dried Fireweed
- 2 tbsp dried wild berry mix (to your taste)
- 1 tbsp dried melissa
- 1 tbsp dried lemon grass
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 350-400 ml water
- some essential oil (I recommend lavender or green tea essential oil)
- Put the herbs in 3 different cups or small bowls.
- Pour in with 100-120 ml water and set aside for 10-15 min until the liquid is not hot anymore.
- Now fill up ice cubes trays with these herbal teas. I like when there are some herbs in the cubes but you can also use a sieve to separate the herbs and berried from the liquids.
- Add a few drops of olive oil into each ice cube. It is optional, but I like the softness it gives to my skin after I use it.
- Add 1 drop of your favorite essential oil into each ice cube. It is also up to you to add an essential oil or not.
- Put the ice cube tray in a freezer for 1-2 hours until our herbal ice cubes are entirely frozen.
- Now they are ready to use!!!
I pop them out of the ice cube tray and store them in a plastic container together with my coconut oil melts. But you can also leave them in a tray if it is more convenient for you.
HOW TO USE
FACE – apply the herbal ice cube to the face with quick gentle movements until it melts down.
BATH – drop 2-3 herbal ice cubes into hot bathtub water and wait until they melt.