I like to take hot relaxing baths. And just to make this activity even healthier and revitalizing I used to apply some oils to my skin. Recently I have discovered even a better way to nourish and moisturize my skin! I call it “a laizy-daizy”:) Because the only thing I have to do is to drop one of these bath melts in my bathtub and there you go, no additional moisturizing needed.
What I love about these cute bath cubes is that you can also you use it as a quick and simple exfoliator. So when my skin is begging for some scrubbing I simply use the citrus scrub cubes when I take a shower or a bath. And then the other time I drop one or two of the coconut bath melts in a hot bathtub and I get just what I need – nourishing and refreshing bath with organic coconut oil, sugar, and citrus aroma.
It does not take much time to make the citrus bath scrub cubes or bath melts. The recipe is pretty simple.
- 1 cup coconut oil (I use organic coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (you can also use mandarin, grapefruit, lime zest)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar (you can also use sea salt instead)
- 6-7 drops citrus essential oil (I used grapefruit essential oil)
- Use a double boiler to melt coconut oil. Stir until it melts completely.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add essential oil.
- Add melted coconut oil and stir well.
- Pour the liquid mass into ice cube tray or any other silicone mold you like.
- Freeze for 30-40 minutes until the cubes become solid.
- Pop them out and store in a jar in a cool place or keep them in a refrigerator.
If it is very warm in your place then it is better to store them in a refrigerator or a freezer.